Emergency Medical Assistance Service
Emergency Medical Assistance Service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year within the borders of South Africa for the main member and the main member’s immediate family members who are financially dependent on the main member. The service entails dispatching of an appropriate medical emergency service provider in the event of a medical emergency, stabilising of the patient and admittance to the nearest, most appropriate medical facility. Additional medical services outside the scope of dispatching are also included.
Assistance is rendered wherever the medical emergency occurs within the borders of South Africa.
Service will be provided to the main member and the main member’s immediate family members who are financially dependent on the main member when assistance is required with a medical emergency. In the case of a medical emergency membership will be validated in terms of an active membership database after the call has been transferred to the appropriate medical emergency service provider’s control room. Should it not be possible to verify active membership, the member will be required to pay for the service, which will be charged at the prevailing rate. The member will be reimbursed in the event of proof of active membership after the event. Reimbursement will be limited to standard rates agreed with the service provider only if the benefit applies.
Assistance will only be provided where the Techsured Motor Warranty 24/7 helpline was contacted in the first instance. Should the member contact a service provider directly, Motor Warranty will not be liable for any costs incurred, or the payment thereof. An exception in terms of reimbursement will be made only if the member was unconscious at the time of the incident.
Benefits and Limits
The service is not limited in terms of number of medical emergencies per family or per benefit term. The benefits are rendered at standard rates agreed with the service provider.
Medical Aid or Medical Scheme benefits
Cost in terms of services rendered by a service provider such as air or road ambulance is recovered from the member’s or the member’s immediate family member’s medical aid and if the member/immediate family member does not belong to a medical aid, cost is payable by Techsured Motor Warranty 24/7 helpline.
- Telephonic medical information and advice for minor illnesses and conditions Free, Unlimited calls
- Emergency medical evacuation/transportation to the nearest most appropriate medical facility
- Unlimited benefit. Recovery of cost from main member’s/immediate family member’s medical aid if applicable. If no medical aid, paid for by Techsured Motor Warranty 24/7 helpline
- Guaranteed Hospital Admission
- Limited to R5 000. Recovery of cost from main member’s/immediate family member’s medical aid if applicable. If no medical aid, paid for by Techsured Motor Warranty 24/7 helpline
- Monitoring of patient’s condition and messaging to relatives/next of kin on request whilst in emergency unit/ward
- Free, Unlimited calls
- Travelling cost to get stranded minors home or to relatives
- Unlimited number of incidents. Means of transport provided at discretion of case manager
- Telephonic medical referral in terms of doctors, medical facilities, pharmacies, etc Free, Unlimited calls